Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2024, 08:31:36 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  You're the GM - Arkansas Roadkill
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: You're the GM - Arkansas Roadkill  (Read 6795 times)
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2006, 07:30:47 am »

I really never considered Florida part of "the south". I figured it was somethign Tommy picked up in Georgia.

You got that right.  Keep in mind I'm a native New Yorker transplant.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2006, 07:31:48 am »

No, no, no.  MAINE is in line for the next franchise.  'Stroke and I will run it.  The Ogunquit "No-he-just-didn't's."

How about the Portland Lobsters?
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2006, 08:41:03 am »

If you knew about the town of Ogunquit, you'd know why I named them what I did...

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2006, 09:05:13 pm »

If you knew about the town of Ogunquit, you'd know why I named them what I did...

Never heard of that town.  Why don't you enlighten me?
raptorsfan29
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2006, 09:30:59 pm »

Never heard of that town.  Why don't you enlighten me?

never heard of it?? how

have you ever seen brokeback mountain, there is a very stronge resemblence.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2006, 10:08:09 pm »

never heard of it?? how

have you ever seen brokeback mountain, there is a very stronge resemblence.

Read the quote in the other forum.  Bob Flanders saw Brokeback Mountain, not me. 
DolFan619
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2006, 10:47:56 pm »

If I'm the GM of the Roadkill, the most important hire is the head coach.  I would interview the following candidates: Dom Capers, Ted Cotrell, Ron Rivera, Ken Whisenhunt, and Cam Cameron.  Ultimately, I will go with Ron Rivera because he knows defense and he's worked with some of the best defensive players in the NFL.  Plus, it would put serious interest in the franchise.

For an offensive coordinator I would probably go with Norv Turner.  On the defensive side of the ball I'd let Coach Rivera handle most of those duties but just for balance in workload and for a little extra motivation, I'd bring in Jim Bates.

In the expansion draft I would probably go after "young" veterans, guys who aren't necessarily "old" but not too wet behind the ears either.  That way my team will have a solid core of a guys for a good while, that way....   they will get to know each other, grow together, and then start to win together.  Of course, I would throw in a couple of veterans for leadership purposes.

Now if we're talking about the 2006 Draft, and I have the first pick....  No question, I'd take Reggie Bush.  His ability can change the way people game plan against you.  People lose their jobs for not taking dynamic players like Reggie Bush. 
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2006, 11:01:55 pm »

In the expansion draft I would probably go after "young" veterans, guys who aren't necessarily "old" but not too wet behind the ears either.  That way my team will have a solid core of a guys for a good while, that way....   they will get to know each other, grow together, and then start to win together.  Of course, I would throw in a couple of veterans for leadership purposes.

Good analogy overall, but there's one little problem with this particular strategy........Not too many of those "young vets" are going to be left open for you to draft.  Keep in mind that teams decide which players to protect and which not to. 
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2006, 11:03:26 pm »

Now if we're talking about the 2006 Draft, and I have the first pick....  No question, I'd take Reggie Bush.  His ability can change the way people game plan against you.  People lose their jobs for not taking dynamic players like Reggie Bush. 

I agree that Bush is a dynamic player. BUT- The average "life-span" of a running back in the NFL is considerably shorter than the "life-span" of a QB. Plus the QB touches the ball on every play. I'd take the QB because you can build a franchise around a QB who hopefully plays for 13 seasons, as opposed to a running back who will play for 7.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2006, 08:53:22 pm »

No, no, no. MAINE is in line for the next franchise. 'Stroke and I will run it. The Ogunquit "No-he-just-didn't's."

Pulling off an amazing courtroom power play (after proof that commissioner Dave took a payoff from the Arkansas contingent), Mainestroke Ventures, LLP forces the NFL to rescind the Arkansas appointment and award the league's 33rd franchise to Ogunquit, Maine. After a brief but very intense internal power struggle between Mainestroke's two founders, the new franchise will hereby be named:

The Ogunquit Poofs

In an effort to appeal to the local fan base, the franchise announced that the team colors will be "various and bright...chartreuse will likely be involved" and the team mascot will "vaguely resemble a dandelion."

Football fans of Ogunquit, get off your brother and rejoice. You have been graced with your very own expansion NFL franchise.

You have no players, but you have the first pick in the draft, and the availability to grab some free agents, as well as the second rate scrubs from the rest of the NFL.

What area of the game do you work on first? Who do you hire to coach?

To coach the Poofs, we bring in Steve Mariucci, because he's among the best candidates available and his boyish good looks and tenure in SF will endear him to the fans.

In FA, we sign: QB Josh "tears of" McCown, LB Julian Peterson, WR Joe Jurevicius, WR David Givens, CB Ty Law and numerous second tier players to compete for starting jobs and for depth.

In trades, we acquire DE John Abraham from the Jets and soon-to-be convict, safety Sean Taylor from the Skins (Poofs love bad boys).

In the draft, we set a record for most first round trade downs...six of 'em. We trade down to #2 with Houston so they can get Bush, then we trade down to #4 so the Titans can get Leinart. Then we trade down to #10 with Detroit so they can get Ferguson. Then we trade down to #17 so Miami can get Cutler, before finally trading down one more time with Denver, adding one of our second rounders and #17 for Denver's #23 and #30 picks.

Once all the maneuvering is done, the Poofs own the #23 and #30 in the first round, plus 4 second round picks and 4 third rounders (setting yet another draft record with 10 first day picks). We select: OT Marcus McNeill, RB Laurence Maroney, LB Bobby Carpenter, TE Tony Scheffler, CB Jason Allen, C Nick Mangold, OT Daryn Colledge, DE Darryl Tapp, CB Darnell Bing and QB Omar Jacobs.

See ya in the Super Bowl in 5 years, folks!

« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 08:55:45 pm by Sunstroke » Logged

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray