Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2024, 11:28:29 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Center
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Poll
Question: Which would you prefer for the 2006 season?
Go Sign Kevin Mawae   -10 (62.5%)
Bring back Seth McKinney   -0 (0%)
Get that rookie stud from Ohio State, Nick Mangold   -3 (18.8%)
Give Wade Smith a shot   -3 (18.8%)
Total Voters: 0

Author Topic: Center  (Read 4288 times)
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« on: March 08, 2006, 11:40:56 pm »

We haven't had a poll in awhile, so I figured I'd start one using todays player visit as the subject. ASSUMING Lecharles Bentley is signed by someone else (rumor is that he will sign with Philly as soon as FA begins), which  would you prefer for the 2006 season:

1. Go sign Kevin Mawae

2. Bring back Seth McKinney

3. Get that rookie stud from Ohio State, Nick Mangold

4. Give Wade Smith a shot

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 11:41:45 pm »

I am going to vote for Mawae, because he is an experienced Center and he can help sure up the offensive line. In addition, he can help metor Wade Smith to be our future center.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 07:03:22 am »

I'd like to punch Kevin Mawae in the face repeatedly.

Then run, cause he'll probably pummel me into oblivion.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2006, 07:51:16 am »

I'd take Mawae in a heartbeat.  I honestly think Smith is gonna end up as another Wanny draft bust despite what everyone says about him. 
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2006, 09:11:09 am »

My vote is for Nick Mangold, but since I've been talking the guy up for months now on this board, this probably isn't a huge surprise...  Grin

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
DolFan619
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2006, 09:22:09 am »

Â    We should sign Kevin Mawae, but we should also try to draft some competition for Wade Smith as well.  If we have the oppurtunity to do so, we should try to draft University of Florida's Mike Degory.  He's 6'5, 309 lbs the big type of "mauler" lineman that Coach Houck likes.  He was a four year starter at Florida.  He's had some knee and foot injuries, but he's also a guy that had 50 starts in a row at Florida.  Pretty damn impressive.

Â If we have the oppurtunity to draft Degory come training camp time, we should let Wade and Mike fight it out for the number two spot, see who really wants it bad enough.  I don't think Wade will be another Wanny draft bust, I think he was just being played at the wrong position, when most draftniks had him projected as a Center.  However, Wanny in his infinite wisdom thought he should play LT.  I think Wade would've been starting Center last year had he not been injured.  Sweaty did a good job last year, but I think Coach Houck wanted Wade Smith as Center.

Â Anyways, that's just my two cents.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2006, 10:43:26 am »

Kevin Mawae has talked smack about the Dolphins for years.  He's berated, belittled, insulted and generally denounced us.

Now we're all supposed to open our arms and accept the enemy cause he's looking for a job?

Boo to that.
dolfan13
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2006, 11:43:02 am »

mawae is a no brainer. pissed off, pro bowler, ready to kick the living crap out of the jets for dissin him. please get the guy in a dolphins uniform as soon as free agency starts.
JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2006, 11:59:17 am »

If the question is for 2006 alone, I say get Mawae.  If we're talking long-term, I say Wade Smith of Mangold.

"under wandering stars I've grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Metallica, "Wherever I may Roam"
NYFin
Uber Member

Now in D.C.

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2006, 01:18:03 pm »

If I was just choosing, I'd want Mangold.  But if I'm choosing between using a 1st or 2nd on Mangold or signing Mawae as a FA, I'd go with signing Mawae as an FA.  I want our 1st and 2nd used on a left tackle and a young defender or two young defenders.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2006, 05:57:16 pm »

I would take Mawae, and hope he can mentor Wade Smith or someone else.  Let Sweathog McKinney go down as another Wanny draft bust or bring him back as a guard where he is better suited. 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray