Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2024, 08:56:37 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Nicks getting aggressive already :)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Nicks getting aggressive already :)  (Read 5631 times)
Predatory_Fins
« on: March 09, 2006, 07:39:56 am »

Dolphins coach Nick Saban isn't one to wait around and take his cues from other people. He didn't wait for Wednesday's decision to extend the NFL's collective bargaining agreement before he got to work this off-season.

As a result, the Dolphins' jump-start to the free-agency period could soon pay off.

"They're trying to be aggressive," said agent Angelo Wright, whose client, Pro Bowl defensive tackle Sam Adams, visited the Dolphins' Davie training facility Wednesday. "I really think they want to win a Super Bowl this year."

Before free agency even begins at 12:01 a.m. Friday(Which may yet be moved to 12:01 a.m. Saturday), multiple sources said the Dolphins have already privately expressed interest in Adams, San Diego quarterback Drew Brees and former New York Jets center Kevin Mawae.

All three players have made Pro Bowl appearances. All three could be Dolphins before the end of next week.

Soon, there might be one other quarterback — Washington Redskins' Patrick Ramsey — in the mix, although no discussions had been scheduled as of Wednesday.

Contrary to media reports, Ramsey has not yet arranged visits with the Dolphins, a source said Wednesday. While the Dolphins do have interest, Ramsey's only planned visit is with the New York Jets, the source said.

I heart nick saban.
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 07:41:58 am »

I heart nick saban.

Word.

Just think, by the end of the week, we could have a huge upgrade at QB. A BIG upgrade at center, and a younger, stronger upgrade at DT (over Traylor). How awesome is that. All within the first week of free agency!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 07:43:43 am by Philly Fin Fan » Logged

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 07:50:26 am »

Word.

Just think, by the end of the week, we could have a huge upgrade at QB. A BIG upgrade at center, and a younger, stronger upgrade at DT (over Traylor). How awesome is that. All within the first week of free agency!

That would be beautiful.  Even better, Keith Traylor AND Sam Adams clogging the middle of the line.  I can see runners constantly getting stuffed trying to run up the middle. 
DolFan619
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2006, 09:48:22 am »

If we do sign Sam Adams, that would give us five DT's on our roster.  It would be Adams, Traylor, Zgonina, Wright, and Vickerson.  Someone's gotta be the odd man out on that list.  It'll probably be Zgonina.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2006, 10:41:57 am »

I'd think Vickerson would be gone.  Zgonina is a wiley veteran who brings alot to the table.  Vickerson is a 7th round flyer with injury problems.

I would so much prefer to have Brees than Ramsey, especially since we'll have to give up something to get Ramsey.  From what I read, he's seeking a trade.  Brees is a free agent.

I'll take my chances with a MUCH better QB with a shoulder issue than yet another backup that will cost us picks.
dolfan13
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2006, 11:40:07 am »

even though mawae is old and past his prime, man you gotta love what he would bring to the line. a pissed off, pro bowler, looking to get some respect... he would be a wonderful addition to the team. he doesn't have a whole lot of time left, but what a significant upgrade over mckinney. hopefully nick can get a good deal done there. i think he would actually prefer to play in the afc east in order to help his new team kick the living crap out of the jets.

sam adams is just another wise move. good veteran player that has a niche role carved out on the d line that he can perform at a very high level still. start to mix these veteran players, with younger playmakers like crowder, obviously jt can stil bring it, maybe a good corner or safety in the draft and look out. if we address the qb position in free agency, i can start to envision a move up on draft day to get huff. man that would be beautiful.

brees is the qb that can position this team into being a real contender. he isn't in the peyton manning level or anything, but he is a significant upgrade over anything this team has had since marino. obviously alot of other things have to fall in place to start to think of a dream season, but the pieces are starting to fall that way. ronnie brown has the talent to be a force. chambers has to do it back to back years in order to prove he is for real. mcmichael is a top notch tight end. defensively if they get the secondary together... you have to start to think with all the coaching and leadership all around this team that they will be in a position to knock the patriots off the throne.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2006, 04:10:38 pm »

If we do go with Brees, we should structure the contract very carefully. We can take a significant cap hit this year, but if it turns out he has a bum shoulder, we need to be able to cut him without a huge hit next year. Brees was willing to sign a 1-year deal with the Chargers and while I think that would be a mistake for us, we might be able to make it essentially a 1-year deal with an option for more. There are plenty of ways that could be done technically, e.g. with a significant roster bonus for next year coupled with a smaller initial signing bonus. That way he could still get a 5 year $50M deal (or whatever), but we'd be able to get out from under it after a year if his shoulder turns out to be a problem.
Jackhammers
YJFF Member

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2006, 07:14:29 am »

Nick's    Roll Eyes

Redskins to Miami Super Bowl XLI
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2006, 10:08:32 am »

I would like to see us try to keep Marty Booker.

That is all.

jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2006, 10:15:58 am »

WOW - a JACKHAMMERS sighting!!

And the first thing he does is point out the fact that the title is not spelled properly.  NICE!!

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2006, 10:22:35 am »

WOW - a JACKHAMMERS sighting!!

And the first thing he does is point out the fact that the title is not spelled properly.  NICE!!

That was even pointed out incorrectly. Nick's is a posseive word, like Nick's jacket. There is not a contraction for saying Nick is getting aggressive.
TonyB0D
Uber Member

Crank it up!!

Email
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2006, 10:32:33 am »

That was even pointed out incorrectly. Nick's is a posseive word, like Nick's jacket. There is not a contraction for saying Nick is getting aggressive.

but on the internet, where you type as you're speaking (as opposed to gramatically proper typing), its an accepted usage.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2006, 10:51:22 am »

sure it is - "Nick's" is a contraction for "Nick is"

How else would you do it?
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2006, 10:59:30 am »

sure it is - "Nick's" is a contraction for "Nick is"

How else would you do it?

Brian gets a gold star on his forehead...contraction action gives an apostrophe some satisfaction

Jamie's got a gun... Jane's getting serious... Ricky's going to hell...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2006, 11:01:34 am »

contraction action gives an apostrophe some satisfaction

School House rocks!

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray