Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2024, 08:55:39 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Culpepper Traded?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Culpepper Traded?  (Read 5194 times)
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« on: March 09, 2006, 07:56:50 pm »

The trade is done, now the question is to where?

Vikings not passing up Culpepper trade     

By Adam Schefter
NFL Analyst

(March 9, 2006) -- The Minnesota Vikings have a deal in place to trade quarterback Daunte Culpepper, team officials confirmed Thursday. The trade is imminent, with the deal expected to go through Friday, just before the start of free agency.

Where Culpepper is going is the biggest mystery in the league. As of now, it is not Oakland. The Raiders and Vikings spoke Thursday, but Oakland is trying to gauge whether or not it wants to try to match, or beat, the other teams' offer. It will spend Thursday night mulling its decision.

But the Vikings have made it clear that they have found a suitable trade partner, with suitable compensation, and now Culpepper and the Vikings each will get their wish. They will part ways, leaving on more bitter terms than wide receiver Randy Moss left Minnesota last season.

Culpepper could not get along with new Vikings coach Brad Childress, and the quarterback has upset various members of the organization with what they feel is his immature behavior. Their relationship, by all accounts, will end Friday. But the only ones who knows where Culpepper's next relationship will resume are the Vikings and their trading partner.

Teams in need of quarterbacks include Miami, New Orleans, Detroit, the New York Jets, the Baltimore Ravens and the Oakland Raiders, who still have not released Kerry Collins, even if it has been reported that they have.

Chances are, one of those places will be Culpepper's home this season.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 07:58:42 pm »

By the way-
Personally, I think its Baltimore.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
gocowboys31
Uber Member

F$U sucks!!!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 08:14:12 pm »

Al davis with swoop in at the last minute and snag him.

Some teams play for the BCS title, some teams play in the Emerald bowl.  Urban Meyer
DolFan619
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2006, 09:18:28 pm »

I can see Baltimore as the ones pulling this trade.  Brian Billick needs to win and win now.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2006, 09:25:06 pm »

I can see Baltimore as the ones pulling this trade. Brian Billick needs to win and win now.

I'm with 619 on this one...I think that Daunte is heading to Baltimore.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2006, 09:25:41 pm »

I'm with 619 on this one...I think that Daunte is heading to Baltimore.

I said it first!

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2006, 09:27:32 pm »

I said it first!

That's true...I missed that. OK, I'm with Philly and 619 on the Baltimore train.

Does it involve Jamal or Ray-Ray, ya think? I'm betting on the former rather than the latter.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2006, 09:31:26 pm »

That's true...I missed that. OK, I'm with Philly and 619 on the Baltimore train.

Does it involve Jamal or Ray-Ray, ya think? I'm betting on the former rather than the latter.

No, it won't involve Jamal. Here's why. Trades can't occur until the new "NFL year" begins, which is after the Free agency period begins. Jamal will be a free agent at that point in time, so the Ravens can't trade him.

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2006, 12:05:44 am »

The local CBS4 news station is all pumped up, reporting that "the Dolphins have a deal in place for Culpepper"

I think its BS, personally.  It seems alot more likely to be Baltimore or Oakland.
DolFan619
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2006, 06:52:39 am »

Any reports that the Dolphins have a trade set for Culpepper is BS.  Miami will always be locked on to every high profile QB that hits free agency, just like last season how we were tagged with every free agent running back.  Remember the Reuben Droughns rumors?  Besides, Mike & Mike were just talking about the Dolphins then they reported that John Clayton had called the Dolphins and the Dolphins vehemently denied any deal for Culpepper. 

Anyways, it's gotta Baltimore or Oakland.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2006, 07:48:31 am »

It would make sense if he gets traded to Baltimore for Ray Lewis.  The Ravens need a QB, the Vikes need defensive help. 
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2006, 11:31:39 am »

It would make sense if he gets traded to Baltimore for Ray Lewis. The Ravens need a QB, the Vikes need defensive help.

I would soil my trousers if this happened.  Culpepper is disgruntled and coming off of injury.  RayLew is much more valuable, especially to a team like the Ravens. 

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2006, 12:27:16 pm »

Culpepper is disgruntled and coming off of injury. 

So is Lewis.
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2006, 01:50:30 pm »

I wonder how Moss would feel if Dante was throwing to him again just in a different uniform!!!!!

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
TonyB0D
Uber Member

Crank it up!!

Email
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2006, 03:10:55 pm »

I wonder how Moss would feel if Dante was throwing to him again just in a different uniform!!!!!

moss said he'd welcome him wiht open arms....but then again it could just be some PR BS
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray