Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2024, 06:26:40 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Culpepper Traded?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Culpepper Traded?  (Read 5188 times)
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2006, 07:21:24 pm »

Oh please let us get Brees instead of Culpepper.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2006, 10:02:07 pm »

Pulled this off NFL.com.  For all you Daunte haters out there, you're not gonna like what you're about to see:

DAUNTE UPDATE

The Vikings spent much today on the phones, finalizing a deal for quarterback Daunte Culpepper.

As of 7 p.m. ET, it was difficult to pinpoint where Culpepper is headed.

But it's not difficult to pinpoint where he's not.

A Sunshine State native, Daunte Culpepper starred at the University of Central Florida.     
He's not being traded to New Orleans. A Saints official said the team is not in the running for Culpepper, and New Orleans will push hard for Brees.

A Raiders official said Oakland never made an offer to Minnesota, even though the two sides spoke. The Raiders official said the team is absolutely out of the Culpepper sweepstakes.

The Baltimore Ravens are not interested in Culpepper, and likely will be pursuing Kerry Collins.

Late today, a Jets official confirmed his team won't pursue Culpepper.

Unless some team is lying -- and the teams mentioned above were adamant in their responses -- that leaves the Miami Dolphins as the only team that has admitted to being in the market for a quarterback.

Culpepper probably would be thrilled at the idea of returning home to Florida. He would be happy, the Dolphins likely would be happy, and the Vikings would be happy.

Now we wait to see if this bit of sense makes reality.
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2006, 10:27:02 pm »

Of course a team is going to say they are "not in the running" for a player. Do you expect them to say "We have a deal ready to go"?

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2006, 10:32:28 pm »

Of course a team is going to say they are "not in the running" for a player. Do you expect them to say "We have a deal ready to go"?

That, coupled with what my boss told me earlier today makes me believe Culpepper is a Dolphin.  I'm waiting until 12:01 tonight to find out for sure. 

My boss, who is friends with a very high ranking NFL source, told me that the Dolphins traded a conditional 5th rounder in 2007 for Culpepper, which could be as high as a 3rd depending on how he performs in 2006. 
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2006, 09:48:56 am »

John Clayton just reported on SportsCenter that the Oakland Raiders cut Kerry Collins and are close to finalizing a trade for Vikings QB Daunte Culpepper.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2006, 10:13:21 am »

Less than 25 minutes lar, I am hearing that Oakland has dropped out of the Culpepper derby because of the price tag. 

Let the hating of Daunte continue...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray