Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2024, 01:42:20 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Miami Dolphins meet with Lavar Arrington
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Miami Dolphins meet with Lavar Arrington  (Read 1965 times)
DolFan619
« on: March 10, 2006, 07:25:59 pm »

Dolphins, Arrington meet

By Alex Marvez
Sun-Sentinel.com
Posted March 10 2006, 6:46 PM EST

Former Washington linebacker LaVar Arrington met Friday with the Dolphins, agent Carl Poston said.

"They had expressed an interest and Miami is a great place to live and play football," Poston said. "I think they need a linebacker, especially since they released Junior (Seau). That's all I know so far."

Arrington recently bought his way out of his contract with the Redskins for $4.4 million to gain his release and become a free agent. Arrington's relationship with the Redskins had been strained for some time, which is believed a major reason why his playing time was limited by coach Joe Gibbs in 2005.

Arrington, 27, was a Pro Bowl selection from 2001 to 2003. At 6-3 and 255 pounds, Arrington would potentially be a nice fit at outside linebacker in the Dolphins' 3-4 defensive scheme.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 09:32:49 am »

I saw this on the news yesterday and drooled all over the couch.  I'd love to have Arrington in camp this summer.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2006, 10:47:52 am »

i concur .. he is a beast !
NYFin
Uber Member

Now in D.C.

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2006, 01:20:03 pm »

Arrington's good, and I think the Redskins should have gotten over themselves regarding him.  I'm not sure if he's a good fit for Saban's defense.  But Saban's a better judge of that than I am.  So if they sign him, hooray.  Don't see it happening though as I doubt the Dolphins value him enough to match what some other team will be willing to pay him.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray