Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2024, 11:52:28 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Where Are All The Signings??
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Where Are All The Signings??  (Read 2777 times)
TonyB0D
Uber Member

Crank it up!!

Email
« on: March 11, 2006, 01:01:12 pm »

c'mon....i just woke up.....i figured it'd be like christmas morning all over again!!  NOT ONE FREE AGENT SIGNING YET??  well at least i can go to a bar that has cable and watch ESPN now!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 03:20:11 pm »

Some article somewhere mentioned that there would likely not be any signings until tomorrow, as teams adjusted their strategies to the new salary cap structure.

I think this week is going to be full of news.
gocowboys31
Uber Member

F$U sucks!!!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2006, 07:50:46 pm »

Well the winner today was clearly the browns. Lacharles bentley was a huge get, along with adam schaffer to play LT, then Romeo adds one of the better clucth Wr's in the game in joe juervicious.

The rams seem to better upgrading on the defensive side of the ball as well. La'roi glover, corey chavous, and im hearing they're offering will wiitherspoon a 13 million dollar bonus. Outrageous!!!!!

Still plenty of talent left on the market.

Some teams play for the BCS title, some teams play in the Emerald bowl.  Urban Meyer
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2006, 12:38:12 am »

I read on ESPNews tonight that Ryan Longwell and Chester Taylor signed with Minnesota.  Looks like the Vikes are the big winners so far.
gocowboys31
Uber Member

F$U sucks!!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2006, 11:50:21 am »

The deadskins have to be the dumbest organization on the planet. They traded a 3rd this year ,and a 4th next year for Brandon Lloyd. Synder this time of year reminds me of Isiah before the trading deadline. They both feel obligated to make a move just to be in the mix.  I'm sure even cheap ass john york had a huge smile on his face after this deal. Synder is worst than wanny & speilman when it comes to relinquishing draft picks. Dumbasses!!!!!!

Some teams play for the BCS title, some teams play in the Emerald bowl.  Urban Meyer
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2006, 12:10:26 pm »

The deadskins have to be the dumbest organization on the planet. They traded a 3rd this year ,and a 4th next year for Brandon Lloyd. Synder this time of year reminds me of Isiah before the trading deadline. They both feel obligated to make a move just to be in the mix.  I'm sure even cheap ass john york had a huge smile on his face after this deal. Synder is worst than wanny & speilman when it comes to relinquishing draft picks. Dumbasses!!!!!!

I have to agree with you on this. When I first read what they gave up for him, I thought "This is another of those erroneous reports we have heard all day. Like Givens signing with Cleveland, or Bentley signing with Philly."
Then I started reading it everywhere, and I thought "WTF ?!??"

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2006, 12:39:43 pm »

When I saw the headline "Lloyd Traded to Skins," I was expecting to see a single 4th or 5th rounder at best. To get a 3rd this year and a 4th next year is definitely more than I felt we could get in trade.

Looking at the players I expect to see in the third round this year, I think SF made a solid move.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray