Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2024, 08:26:12 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Cards Sign Edge (was "Prediction About Everyone's Favorite Team")
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Cards Sign Edge (was "Prediction About Everyone's Favorite Team")  (Read 4846 times)
NYFin
Uber Member

Now in D.C.

« on: March 12, 2006, 01:46:36 pm »

That's right, that team of teams, the Arizona Cardinals.  All hail the Detroit Cactus Lions.

They sign Edgerrin James by the end of the day and draft Vernon Davis (TE, beast) with their first pick.

Youch.  Fearsome at the skill positions.  Well...except for quarterback. 

Heh.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 03:02:48 pm by NYFin » Logged
NYFin
Uber Member

Now in D.C.

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 03:02:15 pm »

Okay, it's official.  The Cards got Edge.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5405084

So all the NFL teams know they have to trade up past #10, if they want tight end Vernon Davis.
gocowboys31
Uber Member

F$U sucks!!!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 03:09:52 pm »

This great for the cards............Know let's see what the "posterboy" is made of now with no running game for other teams to respect. Somehow i feel the colts laundry man will be putting jersey #18 in the wash a few more times this year, and the posterboy will be visting the hot tub quite often as well.

Colts f***** up!!!!!!!!

Some teams play for the BCS title, some teams play in the Emerald bowl.  Urban Meyer
VidKid
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2006, 03:20:19 pm »

When Edge was hurt guys like Rhodes and even the other Ricky Williams still ran well. I think the system has a lot to do with it.

Enjoy your reign while you may, Superman. For as surely as night follows day...there comes a time when even gods must die. - Lex Luthor
gocowboys31
Uber Member

F$U sucks!!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2006, 03:32:26 pm »

When Edge was hurt guys like Rhodes and even the other Ricky Williams still ran well. I think the system has a lot to do with it.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!! DID you wacth the playoff game against the steelers, they blitzed the hell out of manning with edge, now can you imagine going 16 games with teams showing no respect for your running game?

Ask jay fielder, and a.j feely what happens when your all -world back isnt around. It's called alot of aches & pains on monday morning's, and pick 6'sssss. Just wacth, the posterboy's life just became a whole lot miserable.

Some teams play for the BCS title, some teams play in the Emerald bowl.  Urban Meyer
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2006, 03:32:45 pm »

Cardinals = instant playoff contenders

Bad move Colts. 

Holy crap what a big news deal this is!
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2006, 04:40:47 pm »

Cardinals = instant playoff contenders
I don't know about that. Don't there need to be flying pigs and frost down below before "Cardinals" and "playoff contender" can be used in the same sentence (without using negations, anyway, like "no", "not" or "never").
BJL
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2006, 04:49:03 pm »

"Running backs being products of their systems" is just a term saying your offensive line is one of the best. Forget signing the best RB. If you want to have a good running game, get the offensive line. Hell, if you want any kind of offense get a good offensive line. Cleveland is my biggest winner so far in free agency. It's a cliche, but football is won in the trenches. The teams with the best lines will be consistent and good. Also, linemen have a little more life in them than other positions. Hell, look at Hopkins, the old Titan player. He's still going to get on a team at 35. If the Cardinals want to do anything, beef up the line. Skill players are great, but get a damn line to make it work. Then they may become playoff contenders. They couldn't get any back to have a 4 yard average. Then #7 iwith most sacks allowed.

Trade for Brian Griese? Yay, another washed up veteran QB...
jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2006, 04:56:30 pm »

Holy Crap.  What is EDGE THINKING?Huh

The CARDINALS?Huh  The CARDINALS???

You can't seriously tell me they are instant playoff contenders.  They are the absolute laughing stock if there ever was a laughing stock.  They are the Montreal Expos of the NFL - playing their home games in another country!!

Edge is clearly thinking $$$$$$$ here.  Dennis Green is the most over-rated piece of crap there is - no WAY this team ever does anything.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
NYFin
Uber Member

Now in D.C.

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2006, 05:10:33 pm »

Edge is probably looking at a hard year without them improving the line.  I'm kind of skeptical about them improving too much.

But next year...the Cardinals are slated to have over $60 million in cap space.  They can make some moves in 07.   Grin
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2006, 05:24:08 pm »

I think Edge signing in AZ makes AZ a better team by a good piece, but they still have a crappy O-line up front. And while Vernon Davis will be a great TE no matter who signs him, I think you already have two elite pass catchers on your roster and a lot more pressing needs than TE. I'd think AZ would try to move up for D-Brick or trade down to get another 1st rd OL guy and add picks in the process. Bottom line...they need protection for Warner and Edge.

I don't see Indy taking too huge of a hit though. Sure, they'll take a bit of one...you can't lose an Edgerrin James and not.  I do see them drafting a RB late in round 1 or 2, and with Indy's line and other weapons, I see "whichever RB" they draft (Maroney, White, Addai, Calhoun, Drew) being an immediate RoY candidate because the Colts' system will inflate his numbers immediately.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2006, 05:38:16 pm »

One thing for sure.... guys will have to re-make their Mock Drafts.  Everyone I've seen had USC's LenDale White going to Arizona.  With the signing of Edge, they can focus on their O-Line and TE in the draft.  They might be wise to trade down a few spots and pick up an extra pick. 
NYFin
Uber Member

Now in D.C.

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2006, 05:45:19 pm »

Yeah, now LenDale can drop to the Ravens to replace Jamal Lewis.
BJL
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2006, 06:21:36 pm »

I remember hearing this draft had a lot of depth at TE. If this is true, it may benefit the Cardinals to focus on their offensive line. TEs can be had later.

Trade for Brian Griese? Yay, another washed up veteran QB...
TEKGOD
Uber Member

It's all about the U

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2006, 06:30:31 pm »

This is a GREAT move by the Cards. This instantly makes them contenders for the NFC West division at the very least. I know Dennis Green has underachived the last couple of seasons, but last year Warner got hurt. If he can keep Warner healthy, that offense is going to tear it up. Man this shows win lose or draw AZ is stepping up to the plate - I love it cuz I would love for this underdog to get out of the cellar already. Reminiscent of the 2002 Bucs except on offense.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray