Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2024, 07:48:06 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Randel El to Was....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Randel El to Was....  (Read 3118 times)
bsfins
« on: March 12, 2006, 03:59:50 pm »

According to ESPN news...Antwan Randel El..Is now a Redskin....
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 04:35:56 pm »

Wow, a 6 year deal, close to $30 million.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
BJL
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 04:50:06 pm »

Around 5 million a year for a number 2 receiver, hell of a pick up...

Add Brandon Lloyd onto this. They traded with San Fran. Don't know if this will help them that much, but at least they have a core of young receivers for whoever emerges as their next QB. Brunell isn't going to last too long.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 04:52:20 pm by BJL » Logged

Trade for Brian Griese? Yay, another washed up veteran QB...
NYFin
Uber Member

Now in D.C.

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2006, 05:32:41 pm »

The Redskins are insane.  I like that Snyder doesn't mind paying his athletes...but it's hard to put good money to good use if it's already been burned by overpaying overhyped players.  Eh.
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2006, 08:20:46 pm »

The Redskins are insane.  I like that Snyder doesn't mind paying his athletes...but it's hard to put good money to good use if it's already been burned by overpaying overhyped players.  Eh.

Sort of like the Yankees! 

YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2006, 09:52:32 pm »

Sort of like the Yankees! 

Trouble is, there is a salary cap in the NFL, and it's a "hard" cap.  In the NBA, you can be over the cap but your ability to land free agents will be severely hampered.  In the NFL, you cannot be over the cap for any reason. 
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2006, 08:42:42 pm »

You can add some significant upgrades on defense to this too.  Today, the 'Skins picked up Adam Archuleta and Andre Carter.  Here's the article:

http://articles.news.aol.com/sports/article.adp?id=20060313101909990017&cid=706
TonyB0D
Uber Member

Crank it up!!

Email
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2006, 09:01:24 pm »

how the hell do they have all the $$$ for these guys?  either they have some brilliant salary capologists orr they just dont care and will cut everyone if they dont win now
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2006, 09:07:50 pm »

how the hell do they have all the $$$ for these guys?  either they have some brilliant salary capologists orr they just dont care and will cut everyone if they dont win now

Without seeing some details on how these contracts are structured, it's hard to know how much they're actually mortgaging their future. I really wish all the contract details were public, but usually enough is known to make a valid guess, but there doesn't seem to be a good, concentrated source for this kind of information. Last season I tried comparing players at a few prominent positions and while I managed to get most of the information I was looking for, it took way too much research for me to do anything like that again anytime soon.
BJL
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2006, 11:34:06 pm »

Add Andre Carter to this list. It has to be brought up. How does Washington get all these players? It seems like they ruin free agency every year by overpaying for players. This not only makes it hard for teams to get players in a bid war, it makes it worse for teams when these overpaid players affect the contracts of other players. It's really annoying.

Trade for Brian Griese? Yay, another washed up veteran QB...
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2006, 12:22:22 pm »

Washington has mortgaged the future for several years now. They are going to pay a price very shortly I believe when it comes to the cap.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray