Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 01:35:34 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Culpepper is a Dolphin.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print
Author Topic: Culpepper is a Dolphin.  (Read 27431 times)
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2006, 03:17:22 pm »

Just heard the good news!!!!!   Damnit,  I got on here late, but I see I'm in the minority here so let me just say this:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS SSSSSSSS!!!!!

We have ourselves a damn QB,  finally!  Frerotte or Culpepper?  Gee lemme think.    ::)   
No one says this guy is the next Marino,  but he sure is a hell of an upgrade to what we have now,  God!  Everyone knew there were no QB's that were going to be available in the draft for us,  and Brees was thinking more $$$ than anything else.  What other QB's were left?  Backup free agents of the NFL?  No thank you,  we've shuffled through backups ever since Dan,  it's about time we get someone who has proven himself as a starter. 

Hey Daunte!!!   

Hey John,  it's you and me vs. everyone else here! 
reticent

« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2006, 03:39:55 pm »

i think daunte is the best 2nd round pick ever  for this franchise
i kinda agree. a (potentially) great qb who still has 5-7 years left for only a 2nd round pic, that may end up being a steal.

or, it could not work out. still, i think it is the smart gamble.

i guess it does make sense, better a knee than a throwing shoulder.

i am excited.
reticent

« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2006, 03:41:03 pm »

I am afraid of the large amount of boats available in the Miami area

hilarious!

also good point about aj costing us the same! damn that fucking wanny
MixLovesThemPhins

mixomatix@hotmail.com mixomatix holamix
Email
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2006, 03:48:21 pm »

Just heard the good news!!!!!   Damnit,  I got on here late, but I see I'm in the minority here so let me just say this:

We have ourselves a damn QB,  finally!  Frerotte or Culpepper?  Gee lemme think.    ::)   
No one says this guy is the next Marino,  but he sure is a hell of an upgrade to what we have now,  God!  Everyone knew there were no QB's that were going to be available in the draft for us,  and Brees was thinking more $$$ than anything else.  What other QB's were left?  Backup free agents of the NFL?  No thank you,  we've shuffled through backups ever since Dan,  it's about time we get someone who has proven himself as a starter. 

Hey Daunte!!!   

HELLLL YESSSSSS

ok Brees and Culpepper are both dope and better then anythin we've had wearin our colors since Dan agreed Huh?

yes so stop bitchin and pop the champagne

hell yes i gotta go to openin day now to see the approval daunte gets when he runs out the tunnel

HELL YES a FUCKIN QB

we can actually run outs now wit out havin them go the other way

Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2006, 03:49:50 pm »

How about when he fails the physical ? How great would that be ? ...LMAO.

Bronco: An unbroken or imperfectly broken range horse of western No. America
Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
Jackass: Someone who doesn't know the difference.
Predatory_Fins
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2006, 04:09:50 pm »

Just heard the good news!!!!!   Damnit,  I got on here late, but I see I'm in the minority here so let me just say this:

We have ourselves a damn QB,  finally!  Frerotte or Culpepper?  Gee lemme think.    Roll Eyes   

Hey Daunte!!!   

no complaints here either, as long as we don't end up with that sorry ass jake plummer, oh wait thats right he's too busy throwing game for the donkos.  Hey denver you still have mike an... oh wait you still have tatum bell... for fat ass ron dayne to pick his butt with Wink
bsfins
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2006, 04:13:58 pm »

Jvides wrote..
I'll just say this:  Culpepper may not be a HOF quarterback (then again, he's young enough to change that), but let's remember that he threatened Dan Marino's TD record a few years ago throwing to Moss and 3 "who dat" receivers.    

Mcduff wrote
not so fast..he had his best year when Moss was hurt most of the season(2004)

That was with Scott Linehan,with players he was fairly familar with...Let me remind you Scott Linehan is the Head coach of the Rams now.

Our O-coordinator is Mike Mularky.... Undecided

7 games without Randy Moss and Scott Linehann....
64.4 Completion % 1564 Yrds 6 Td's 12INT's 72 QB rating 5 fumbles 3 lost

And no Knee Injury to think about...
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2006, 04:16:40 pm »

DAMNIT!

Culpepper's injury is much worse than Brees'. Even Culpepper's own doctor says it'll be September before he even has a chance of playing.

The problem is that Culpepper blew his ACL, MCL and meniscus. This is bad, really bad. Culpepper will probably be 100% by the start of the season, the 2007 season, that is, providing he doesn't hit any setbacks.

I can understand not wanting to give Brees a $10M sigining bonus, but I would have rather gone after a different quarterback or even waited until next year. This smells a bit too much like panic with the management feeling the presure to "solve" the quarterback situation NOW.
Predatory_Fins
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2006, 04:19:29 pm »

DAMNIT!

Culpepper's injury is much worse than Brees'. Even Culpepper's own doctor says it'll be September before he even has a chance of playing.

The problem is that Culpepper blew his ACL, MCL and meniscus. This is bad, really bad. Culpepper will probably be 100% by the start of the season, the 2007 season, that is, providing he doesn't hit any setbacks.

I can understand not wanting to give Brees a $10M sigining bonus, but I would have rather gone after a different quarterback or even waited until next year. This smells a bit too much like panic with the management feeling the presure to "solve" the quarterback situation NOW.

dude here are your choices, a potential rookie flop, a player coming off of knee injury, or a greedy asshole with a throwing shoulder injury, do you see a 5 star choice here? I sure dont!
MixLovesThemPhins

mixomatix@hotmail.com mixomatix holamix
Email
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2006, 04:21:16 pm »

u cats cry

we needed a QB, we got one of the best the NFL has to offer as far as i'm concerned

a bumb knee on a qb is much better then a bum arm in my opinion since qb's get paid to THROW and not RUN

i might of ratherd brees but i am in no means dissappointed that we got Culpepper atleast it aint another AJ Feely noname fool that sat the bench

YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2006, 04:25:01 pm »

I may be one of the few people that favored Culpepper over Brees, so let me tell ya, Denver_Bronco...if Jake Plummer could be rehabilitated at 29, so can Culpepper.  I'm hopeful.

I agree.  Culpepper had an off year in 2005.  I think he will return to the form he was in 2004, and we'll have our franchise QB for years. 
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2006, 04:39:04 pm »

Let's hope he'll be ok. As long as someone can get him to throw the ball away if he doesn't have an open receiver rather than trying to run for the first season, he should be ok.

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2006, 04:39:47 pm »

DAMNIT!

Culpepper's injury is much worse than Brees'.

That is a matter of opinion and up for debate.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2006, 05:18:59 pm »

Been so busy today that this is the first chance I've had to chime in on the Culpepper signing.

I am majorly concerned about his injury. EVEN if he passes his physical, I'm still worried that his knee could go at any time. That said, if he is healthy and can maintain his health over the next 2-3 seasons, I think this could end up being a very good signing.

I'm still a little bummed though...I had my heart set on either Brees or Cutler. Daunte dammed well better be healthy!

LMFAO....

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Oh man i just fell out of my chair in laughter ! What a treat. I am going to be smiling the rest of the day. Classic phin move.

I can't tell you how glad I am that you don't come down for tailgating action at Dolphins games, because a judge has already told me that if I beat another obnoxious idiot to a pulp, I go to jail. You seem to bring out that kind of anger in me...it's probably for the best that we don't meet.

You wish you could trade in Plummer for Culpepper. Roll Eyes

If Daunte is healthy...he's a much better QB than Jake.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
ADeadSmitty
Uber Member

What can Brown do for us?

ADeadSmitty
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2006, 06:08:59 pm »

I wish we had drafted a young QB -- Cutler, if he fell to us, or just some projects in the fourth or fifth rounds. That is the way to mold quarterbacks -- get 'em when they're young, impressionable, and willing to spend a year or two on the bench learning the ropes, then burn the system into their brains until they're calling audibles in their sleep. Culpepper isn't washed up but he's not young either, and while he's had awesome years, those were all with the best receiver in the game -- and he's had plenty of mediocre years.

Not only is the Culpepper trade not going to work for the Dolphins, it's also a particularly shitty way for the Dolphins to screw up. Nothing is more boring than picking up some other team's spoiled retread veteran. I would much rather have a young QB to get excited about, and whose development we could track, than get a guy like Culpepper in here and fold my arms, waiting for him to impress me.

I do like that we only gave up a second-round pick though.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray