Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 05:31:09 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  What do you think of the Culpepper deal?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Poll
Question: Getting Culpepper gave me:
elation   -7 (20.6%)
hope   -13 (38.2%)
indifference   -0 (0%)
doubtfulness   -7 (20.6%)
diarrhea   -7 (20.6%)
Total Voters: 0

Author Topic: What do you think of the Culpepper deal?  (Read 12247 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: March 14, 2006, 03:02:59 pm »

What did you think of this deal?  Personally, I don't see Culpepper as a great fit with this team.  (the way it way, anyway).  Maybe things will change.  He's probably a more exciting player than Brees, and it might work out... I am hesistant, and my gut reaction was "oh, no".

I drink your milkshake!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 03:05:10 pm »

I didn't want Culpepper.  I liked Brees better.  I really am worried about him keeping his head in the game.  I am optimistic, though, cause kid's got skillz.

Whoa, Stewart Scott moment there.

I think he'll be ok, as long as he can play smart.  He's got alot of learning to do, still.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 03:07:37 pm »

I think he'll be ok, as long as he can play smart. He's got alot of learning to do, still.

Daunte is a veteran...a pro bowler.  He's done learning.  He's going to make mistakes and fumble.  ...that's his game.  We should get used to it hapenning.

I drink your milkshake!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2006, 03:09:23 pm »

THis is what, his 5th year?

No one is above learning.

We'll see how much he wants to win when he gets into camp.
TonyB0D
Uber Member

Crank it up!!

Email
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 03:09:44 pm »

NO ONE FUMBLES MORE THAN HIM!!!!

and we dont know if he can still move

i'll be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt with the "moss theory", because quite honestly our offense has much more skill overall than Minny's had while he was there, AND moss missed significant playing time and he still put up good numbers

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2006, 03:11:50 pm »

i'm just hoping he doesn't do his stupid dance after a 5 yard gain when we're down 20
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2006, 03:12:30 pm »

I wanted Brees, I have never been a fan of Dante. He is now our QB and is a step above anything that we have had since Dan so I guess I will take it in stride and hope for the best. I won't be going out an purchasing a Dante Jersey anytime soon but I will cheer for him as I did Gus, AJ, and Jay before him. I would have purchased a Brees jersey though!!  Wink

It still makes me sick that we also gave a second rounder for AJ when Dante is clearly a few levels above him.  Roll Eyes

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2006, 03:14:42 pm »

I wanted Brees, I have never been a fan of Dante. He is now our QB and is a step above anything that we have had since Dan so I guess I will take it in stride and hope for the best. I won't be going out an purchasing a Dante Jersey anytime soon but I will cheer for him as I did Gus, AJ, and Jay before him. I would have purchased a Brees jersey though!!  Wink

It still makes me sick that we also gave a second rounder for AJ when Dante is clearly a few levels above him.  Roll Eyes
This is pretty much exactly how I feel about the topic.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2006, 03:21:42 pm »

I think a QB fumble can a lot of times be attributed to the offensive line. How many of you have seen every fumble Culpepper has ever had? Typically if a QB fumbles he is cocked and trying to throw. I am curious what many of you think of Warren Moon, would you have taken him on this team when he was in his prime?
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2006, 03:28:14 pm »

I recommend you guys listen to this clip from Mort.

http://espnradio.espn.go.com/espnradio/radio?id=2368279&rate=56&format=wmp
Dolphin-UK
Uber Member

I'm not going to type anything here....

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2006, 03:31:01 pm »

Well, there's no doubt that Culpepper is a good QB when he's on fire.  How much of that was down to having Randy Moss, well, we're about to find out.

Personally, I would rather have had Brees, but he wasn't worth busting our cap for, QB is just one position, an important one, but still just one and we have other needs as well.

If we get the pro bowl calibre Daunte Culpepper, then that 2nd rounder is going to look mighty clever, if not, then its still a better move than trading the same for AJ Feely because at least Pep Boy has experience.

I trust Nick Saban, he's shown so far he won't be pushed into making bad decision for the sake of it, he believes in Pep Boy, so I do too.

Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2006, 03:31:35 pm »

Elation, Dave.  After years of cycling through crap QB's I can't help but do the happy dance at this move.  Daunte has 1 bad year and all of a sudden is the worst free agent QB out there,  WHAT?  Sure he had Moss to compliment him, but when you lose a WR of that caliber,  a running game, and a respected offensive coordinator,  something is bound to go wrong.  He's no Manning,  but he's OUR Manning.  I'm lovin' it,  and I have high hopes now.   Grin

Besides,  Moss wasn't sh*t last year either (when he was playing).  

I just may buy a C.P. jersey...   Wink  

NO ONE FUMBLES MORE THAN HIM!!!!

Alex Smith?
reticent

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2006, 03:51:51 pm »

I recommend you guys listen to this clip from Mort.

http://espnradio.espn.go.com/espnradio/radio?id=2368279&rate=56&format=wmp

great link, thanks!
NextSeason

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2006, 03:57:19 pm »

I think like most, I had my eyes on Brees.  While we dont have another Marino, this is a HUGE upgrade to the crap we've dealt with over the last few years. 
Househead
YJFF Member
Uber Member

djflow
Email
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2006, 03:59:36 pm »

I have the "wait and see let's see approach" feeling about it. We know the guy can play, but there are questions about him, especially the impact of the injury. But what player does not have question marks out there? The bottom line is that I think he will be an upgrade of what we currently have and that's what really matters. I still hope we pick up a qb in the 3rd or 4th round (hint: Omar Jacobs) and develop him.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray